The cadvilla version (cadvilla professional or cadvilla professional plus) you have purchased has to be licensed on the respective system you have installed it. You can recognize that on the start dialog which shows you the remaining test phase. After the installation, the software package and all optional installed plug ins are 5 days executable. In this 5 days or after, you have to activate the software. Of course you can open and edit the projects you have created in this time also after the test phase.
The transmitted license key (format: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) tells you that you have purchased a full version of cadvilla and that an activation is authorised on your system.
For the activation you still need the license key. The license file you can get very simple online, like we describe it in the basic workflow. Very important is the license number which gets displayed in the dialogue. The serial number which gets displayed in the dialog hast the following format:
>= 5 : xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx | file extension *.xml
<= 4: 0123456789 | file extension *.key
The license key gets send without any fees per mail to your mail address. The license file with the file extension *.XML (or *.key), which you receive in the activation process, you can import via the button “read license file”.
The basic workflow:
- In the first step we start cadvilla.
- After it we click on the button “Get license”.
- The license-request window opens and we select “copy serial number to clipboard”. After it we click on the button “Get license now at the online shop!”.
- The internet explorer opens automatically and the activation key request form appears. In the first step we enter the element 5 order number, you can find the order number in the order confirmation you have received from element 5. After it we select the product version and under it we enter the activation key. We also enter our name and in the next step we paste (CTRL+V) the serial number into the field “Your serial number from the cadvilla window”. We enter our mail address and we click on “Continue”.
- The window “Final activation from cadvilla” opens and we review our entry. After it we click on “Submit”.
- The activation is transferred. After a review the license file will be sent to your mail address. This process can take maximal 48 hours.
- After you have received the mail with the license file, copy the license file for example to the desktop and import it to cadvilla. Therefore we start cadvilla and select the point “Read license file”. The explorer opens, we select the license file and click on “Open”.
- cadvilla is now activated and opens. If you get an error message you have entered the wrong serial number.
The license key is for every computer on which you install cadvilla different. The key is bound to the computer – so you have to request for every new computer a key.
If you read the license file and you get the error message “The license file has been read, but includes a license which is invalid on this system” the serial number of the software installation is not compatible with the serial number of the license key file. cadvilla generates after the installation on every computer its own serial number. Perhaps in this case you have required the key file for the activation of another computer.
If you would like to activate cadvilla on a computer which is not connected to the internet you follow these steps:
- Click on the button “Get license”.
- After it the serial number gets displayed. Please note the serial number.
- Now you use a computer which is connected to the internet. Enter the web adress www.cadvilla.com and click on Contact – License Key Activation
- Fill out the form and send it to cadvilla.
This post is also available in: German