In this Video-Tutorial we show you, how can create a carport (pitched roof), in the 3D planning software cadvilla. Please note that carports with a pitched roof are only possible in the product version cadvilla basic plus or the professional versions (section views are not available in cadvilla basic). In cadvilla basic you can only create carports with flat roofs.
The basic workflow:
- First we recommend creating a grid made out of guidelines in the 2D-view, to define the dimensions of the carport. Guidelines we can find at “2D & Layout” – “2D Guidelines”.
- Also we change the rough height of the floor, on which we will create the carport, to the same height as the carports height. Therefore we make a right mouse click on the desired floor – “Properties”. At the point “Rough height” we can enter the correct height.
- Now we enter the supports of the carport in the 2D-view and with the help of our guideline grid. Therefore we select “Building” – “Supports” – “Rectangular support” – “Free positioning”.
- Before we enter the supports, we define the properties. Right mouse click – “Properties”. Here we can define the Width, Depth & Height.
- Because we build a carport with a pitched roof, we need to enter 2 different kinds of support heights. In the first step we enter for example the higher supports.
- After we have entered the first group of supports, we select again “Building” – “Supports” – “Rectangular support” – “Free positioning”. We open again the support properties and we change the height of the support. Now we can enter the second group of supports with a different height.
- For the definition of the support beams, on the sides of our supports, we create a section view. Therefore we select “View” – “New Section-View”. In the section view we create again a guideline grid to define the dimensions of the support beams.
- We create the beams via “Construction” – “Singe 3D surface” – “Insert with polygon”. After it, We select a surface in 3D for plane definition, for example one of the supports.
- We enter the 3D surface in the section view along of our guideline grid. Afterwards we press the right mouse button – “Complete”. The surface element properties open automatically, here we can change the Thickness, distance from plane or for example the fill style.
- The creation of a horizontal support, on top of our vertical supports, works the same way as the beams with using a 3D surface.
- For the roof we recommend the use of a section-view. In the section-view we can define the dimensions of the roof again with the help of guidelines. The roof itself we create with a 3D-surface – Construction” – “Singe 3D surface” – “Insert with polygon”.
- We select again a surface in 3D for plane definition, and enter the surface in the section-view. Afterwards we press the right mouse button – “Complete”.
- The properties of the 3D surface open, here we define the dimensions and the fill style.
- Bigger roof constructions we recommend a splitting into 2 3D-surfaces.
- We can texturize the carport with our catalogue (“Catalogue” – “Textures”) also afterwards. Therefore we select the desired texture in the catalogue and we drag the texture on the part of the carport we want to texturize.
This post is also available in: German