In this Video-Tutorial we show you, how you can calculate the excavation volume for buildings, terrain elements & substraction solids, in the 3D CAD house planning software cadvilla.
The basic workflow:
How to manually calculate the excavation volume for a floor
- We select the layer for the desired level (for example the ground floor).
- Now we select “2D & Layout” – “Measure” – “Measure polygon with text”.
- We measure along the outside of the walls of the selected floor. After it a text field, with the square meters of the measured area is attached to our cursor. We can move the text with our cursor and we can place it in the 2D-view with a left mouse click.
- To determine the rough height, we make a right mouse click on the desired floor and we select “Properties”. At the point “Rough height” we can see the current height of the floor.
- Finally we multiply the measured area with the rough height of the floor. This results in the excavation volume of the floor.
How to calculate the excavation volume for a building
- For the excavation volume of a building we select “Terrain” – “Excavation”.
- In the excavation dialogue we select the checkbox “Building”.
- At “Selected element” we can get the excavation and the substraction volume of the building. The Volume at “Substraction Volume” defines the whole volume of a building. At “Project” we can see the total excavation.
- In the preview window we can tilt, shift & zoom the view. We can also disable the terrain solid.
How to calculate the excavation volume for terrain elements
- For the excavation volume of a terrain element we select “Terrain” – “Excavation”.
- In the excavation dialogue we select “Terrain elements” in the left bar of the window.
- At “Selected element” and “Project” we can see the different volumes, same as at the excavation volume for a building.
- Also it is always possible (for buildings, terrains, etc.) to select the “Analysis” button in the left bar. Here we can get a detailed Analysis of the excavation which we can copy to our clipboard.
How to calculate the excavation volume for substraction solids
- Also for the substraction solid we select “Terrain” – “Excavation”.
- In the excavation dialogue we select “Substraction solid” instead of “Building”.
All excavation evaluations are displayed the same way as for buildings or terrain elements.
This post is also available in: German