In this Video-Tutorial we show you, how you can enter and define a garage entrance with a stair departure to the cellar in the 3D CAD house planning software cadvilla. Please note that some of the functions in this video-tutorial are only available in the product versions cadvilla professional & cadvilla professional plus.
The basic workflow:
How to enter a garage door, a stair departure and a door to the garage
- In our example we enter the garage entrance on the layer 1.Basement.
- To place a garage door we select “Building” – “Door” – “Door” – “Free positioning“. After it we press the right mouse button – “Properties“. At the point “Selection” we can choose between different door types, the predefined garage doors can be found in the folder “Garage-Industrial doors“. After the definition of the garage door we confirm with “OK“. We can position the garage door with the help of guidelines or the constructional support.
- To enter the walls on the side of the garage entrance we use the help of guidelines (“2D & Layout” – “2D-Guidelines“) to define the dimensions of the walls. After it we select “Building” – “Walls” – “External Wall” and for example “Between two points“. To define the properties of the wall (Height, 2D-display, etc.) we press the right mouse button – “Properties“. We enter the walls along the guidelines, to select the correct reference point of the wall we press the key combination “CTRL” + “W“.
- When we enter a stair we can define the dimensions like in the previous points with the help of guidelines. After it we select “Stair construction” and for example “Straight stair“. When we enter the stair we can change the reference point with the key combination “CTRL” + “W“. After the entry the stair dialogue opens automatically. Here we can define the stair (for example deselecting the handrails or changing the number of steps) and after it we confirm the changes with “OK“.
How to create an extrude solid for the garage entrance and the stair departure
- To cut out the environment in the area of the garage entrance we need a section view. Therefore we select “View” – “New section view“. We enter the corner points of the section view and after it the section view opens automatically.
- Before we enter an extrude solid to cut out the area of the garage entrance, we can define guidelines to support the entry. After it we measure in the 2D-view the width of the garage entrance with the help of the function “Distance” – Shortcut “D“. Now we switch to the section-view and we select the layer “Environment” because in our example we enter the extrude solid on this layer.
- After it we select “Construction” – “Extrude solid” – “Insert with polygon“. We select a surface for plane definition (in our example the surface of the section view), we press the right mouse button – “Properties“. Here we enter at the point “Height” the measured width of the garage entrance and after it we press “OK“. Now we enter the extrude solid in the section view, after it we press the right mouse button – “Complete“.
How to convert the extrude solid to a substraction solid to cut out the environment
- In the next step we convert the extrude solid to a substraction solid. We select the extrude solid – right mouse button – “Convert to substraction solid“. After it we press the right mouse button in the 3D-View – “Visibility“. Here, at the point “3D-Objects“, we deselect the point “3D-Substraction solids“. We confirm with “OK” and now the substraction solid doesn’t get displayed anymore in the 3D-View.
- If you have entered the extrude solid on a wrong layer you can change the settings of the extrude solid afterward. Therefore we select the substraction solid – right mouse button – “Properties“. At the point “Select object” we select the desired layer, for example “Environment“. After it we click at the point “Select type” and we choose “None” and for example “Terrain“. Finally we confirm the entry with “OK“.
How to texturize the garage driveway with cobblestones
- To texturize the garage driveway with cobblestones we select the “Catalogue” – “Textures“. Here we can select out of different textures, for example plaster textures. When you have found the correct texture you can select it with a left mouse click, press and hold the left mouse button and drag it to the object you want to texturize.
This post is also available in: German