In this Video-Tutorial we show
- how you can switch the user interface between Toolbars and Ribbons,
- how to define settings with the help of the context menu (Ribbon)
- how to switch between existing views in the 3D CAD house planning software cadvilla.
The Ribbon user interface is available since the cadvilla version 188.8.131.52.
The basic workflow:
Switching the user interface between Ribbons and Toolbars:
- To switch from the Ribbon interface to the Toolbar interface we select the “Menu” – “Settings” – “User interface” – “Toolbars“.
- To switch from the Toolbar interface to the Ribbon interface we select “Settings” – “User interface” – “Ribbons”.
The 2 different kinds of context menus in the ribbon interface:
Functions which require a direct input in an open view (2D-view, section view, 3D view,…):
- For all functions that require properties and which have no visible change in an open view when you select them (for example wall entry, guidelines, window constructions, etc. …) you can select the associated setting menu by clicking the right mouse button INSIDE OF A VIEW (for example the 2D- or 3D-view). In the settings menu you can define the properties of the selected function (for example changing the wall thickness, window dimensions, guideline colour, etc. …) BEFORE the entry.
- An example therefore is for example the wall entry – we select “Building” – “Walls” – “External Wall” – “Between two points“. If we would like now to change the wall thickness we press the right mouse button in the view – “Properties“. Now we can change the wall thickness, after it we confirm with “OK“. If we have chosen, in the meanwhile after the entry of the wall, another function and we continue with the entry of the wall again, the defined properties (wall thickness) stay the same. The same method works for example also with the window construction or the guidelines.
Functions which can be selected direct:
- For all functions which trigger an immediate change in a view when you click on them (for example raytracing, internal light sources, etc. …), you can access an associated setting menu by clicking the right mouse button on the function.
- An example therefore is for example the function “Raytrace” – therefore we select the 3D view – “3D Functions” – here we can select the function “Raytrace” with a left mouse click. If we make a right mouse click on the function the properties open. One more example for functions which can be selected direct are for example the “Internal light sources“.
How to switch between existing views:
- To switch between existing views we can use the project viewer to the right side. To switch with the help of the project viewer to another view, we select the view – right mouse button – “Set as current element“. An alternative way is to press the “CTRL” key and to select the desired view with a left mouse click.
- To position several views side by side we can use the function “Vertical” or “Horizontal” at the upper left edge of the view.
- To close views we can click on the red highlighted X on the right upper edge of the desired view or we make a right mouse click on the desired view in the project viewer and we select “Close view“.
This post is also available in: German